New Hampshire Insurance CE Requirements
Insurance Continuing Education Hours Required
- Producers: 24 hours are required biennially
- Multi-Line and Workers Compensation Adjusters: 20 CE credit hours biennially
- Public Adjusters: 15 CE credit hours biennially
State Specific Insurance Continuing Education Courses
- 3 hours must be in Ethics.
- All New Hampshire licensed resident insurance producers who sell federal flood insurance policies shall be required to complete a one time 3 hour requirement on flood insurance.
- Producers may not take courses approved for adjusters only
- Multi-line adjusters may take courses approved for multi-line or workers comp
- Workers comp adjusters must take 10 hours of multi-line courses and 10 hours of workers comp courses
- Public Adjusters must take public adjusters courses only
Insurance Continuing Education Renewal or Compliance Date for Licensees
- For producers, the license renewal date is biennial on the last day of the first month of the quarter for producers born in that quarter.
- 60 days prior to license expiration.
Insurance Continuing Education Types of Courses Accepted
- Internet courses, Independent self study courses, Computer-based training courses or classroom.
- Exams DO NOT require a monitor.
Insurance Continuing Education Carryover Hours & Course Repetition
- No excess CE credit hours may be carried over to the next renewal period.
- Credit will not be given for a course that is repeated within a 2 year period.
Insurance Continuing Education Exemptions
- Newly licensed individuals who passed the license exam receive an automatic credit of 30 hours to apply to the first compliance date.
- Individuals with any of the following licenses: auto physical damage/mechanical breakdown agent, motor vehicle warranty agent or title insurance agent.
- Individuals with a limited or restricted license that the commissioner as declared exempt.
- Individuals holding limited lines licenses for which an exam is not required.
- Non-residents (if they comply with their home state requirement).
Method to Certify Completion:
- For Most States you will be able to print your certificate of completion online once you have completed your exam.
- We usually report to the State Department of Insurance or regulatory board by the next business day.
- It may, however, take your State DOI or regulatory board up to 30 days to report your completion results on their systems.
- As an added service, we can Rapidly Report all of your completed courses the same business day (per credit order) for only $25
Department of Insurance Contact Information:
New Hampshire Insurance Department21 South Fruit Street Ste 14
Concord, NH 03301
PHONE: (603) 271-0203 or (603) 271-2261
FAX: (603) 271-7029
State Website: http://www.state.nh.us/insurance/
For a listing of the State Departments of Insurance websites provided by the NAIC (National Association of Insurance Commissioners),
Please go to: http://www.naic.org/state_web_map.htm
The Success Family of CE Companies provides this information as a courtesy to individuals who are subject to insurance continuing education requirements. Due to regulatory requirements we suggest that you contact your state department of insurance to insure that no regulatory changes have been enacted. Although ongoing efforts have been made to qualify that the information provided here is accurate and current, neither The Success Family of CE Companies nor its employees warrant or represent that this information is accurate and current. All information is subject to change without notice.