New Jersey Insurance CE Requirements
Insurance Continuing Education Hours Required
- 24 CE Hours required every 2 years.
- Requirements for license issued or renewed after 01/01/2007: 24 hours biennially, including 3 hours of ethics
State Specific Insurance Continuing Education Courses
- 3 hours must be in Ethics.
- All New Jersey licensed resident insurance producers who sell federal flood insurance policies shall be required to complete a one time 3 hour requirement on flood insurance.
- Any courses approved in NJ for CE credit may be applied for credit
Insurance Continuing Education Renewal or Compliance Date for Licensees
Renewal date is based on license issuance date.
License Renewal Date: Licensed prior to 01/01/07:
Licensed or renewed after 01/01/07:
License will renew on the last day of the producers birth month every other year.
Insurance Continuing Education Types of Courses Accepted
- Self-study, Classroom study or online courses.
- Online & Paper exams MUST BE monitored by a disinterested third party.
Insurance Continuing Education Carryover Hours & Course Repetition
- No excess CE credit hours may be carried over to the next renewal period.
- Courses may not be taken more than once during each License Renewal period.
Insurance Continuing Education Exemptions
Method to Certify Completion:
- For Most States you will be able to print your certificate of completion online once you have completed your exam.
- We usually report to the State Department of Insurance or regulatory board by the next business day.
- It may, however, take your State DOI or regulatory board up to 30 days to report your completion results on their systems.
- As an added service, we can Rapidly Report all of your completed courses the same business day (per credit order) for only $25
Department of Insurance Contact Information:
New Jersey Department of Banking and Insurance
PO Box 325
Trenton, NJ 08625
Phone :(609) 292-7272 or (609) 292-4337
Fax: (609) 984-2792 or (609) 984-5263
State Website: http://www.nj.gov/dobi/inslic.htm
For a listing of the State Departments of Insurance websites provided by the NAIC (National Association of Insurance Commissioners),
Please go to: http://www.naic.org/state_web_map.htm
The Success Family of CE Companies provides this information as a courtesy to individuals who are subject to insurance continuing education requirements. Due to regulatory requirements we suggest that you contact your state department of insurance to insure that no regulatory changes have been enacted. Although ongoing efforts have been made to qualify that the information provided here is accurate and current, neither The Success Family of CE Companies nor its employees warrant or represent that this information is accurate and current. All information is subject to change without notice.