Delaware Insurance CE Requirements
Insurance Continuing Education Hours Required:
- 24 hours biennially
- 12 hours are required biennially for adjusters.
State Specific Continuing Education Courses:
- All producers must complete 3 hours in ethics as part of their regular CE requirement.
- Resident producers that hold a health license and solicits long term care policies, must complete at least 3 hours of training in Delaware long term care insurance that consist of product knowledge, laws, rules and regulations, as part of his/her biennial requirement. The long term care CE requirement does not need to be met prior to solicitation of the product; however, the requirement must be met during the biennium that the long term care policy was solicited.
- Any resident licensee who is authorized to write personal lines or homeowners coverage shall be required to complete a one time 2 hour CE course related to Flood Insurance program; as part of the twenty-one (21) general credit hours necessary to maintain a Delaware resident license.
Renewal or Compliance Date for Licensees:
- February 28, biennially
- Residents renew even numbered years. Non-residents renew odd numbered years.
Types of Courses Accepted:
- Independent self study courses, internet based courses and classroom.
- Self-study final exams are not required to be monitored.
Continuing Education Carryover Hours & Course Repetition
- A maximum of 5 hours may be carried over to the next renewal period. The carryover credits shall not apply to the ethics credit requirement.
- Courses may not be taken for credit more than once in a 2 year renewal period.
- Individuals licensed only for title or public carrier insurance.
- Newly licensed individuals are exempt for the biennium in which the license is issued
- Resident adjusters licensed for Fidelity & Surety and/or Marine & Transportation
- Non-resident adjusters
Method to Certify Completion:
- SuccessCE will mail out your certificate of completion by the next business days, to the address that is found on your account, once you have completed your exam.
- The Licensee should Submit a Copy of their Certificate(s) on/before their compliance renewal date, to the Delaware Department of Insurance.
- It may, however, take your State DOI or regulatory board up to 30 days to report your completion results on their systems.
- As an added service, we can Rapidly Mail all of your completed courses the same business day (per credit order) for only $25.
Producers and adjusters meet the CE requirement of their resident state. Verification of license status will be confirmed through the NAIC Producer Database (PDB).
Department of Insurance Contact Information:
Delaware Insurance Department
841 Silver Lake Blvd.
Dover, DE 19904-2465
FAX: (302) 739-5280
State Website: http://www.state.de.us/inscom/
For a listing of the State Departments of Insurance websites provided by the NAIC (National Association of Insurance Commissioners),
Please go to: http://www.naic.org/state_web_map.htm
The Success Family of CE Companies provides this information as a courtesy to individuals who are subject to insurance continuing education requirements. Due to regulatory requirements we suggest that you contact your state department of insurance to insure that no regulatory changes have been enacted. Although ongoing efforts have been made to qualify that the information provided here is accurate and current, neither The Success Family of CE Companies nor its employees warrant or represent that this information is accurate and current. All information is subject to change without notice.